July 27, 2008

My Little Fluffy Ones

Since it's the weekend and I'm feeling lazy and don't feel like editing through images I took this week, I'd like to introduce you to my two black, furry roommates Kelton and Kudzu, and my weekend roommate Highland.

Kelton's my crooked-headed, tailless buddy. He sleeps next to my heart and sometimes pets my face while I sleep to wake me up. He follows me everywhere and hugs me when I walk inside after work. He spends a lot of time in windows guarding his fortress. He walks like a ballerina and has a hot pink leash.

Kudzu is a glamourpuss. She finds a spot she likes in the house, lately it's been on the toilet, before that in a spotlight of sunlight in the hall, and stays there for half a week. She only acknowledges me when it's time to have her head scratched. She loves sun and catching bugs and has long silky fur and the longest tail and whiskers in town.

Highland is the most polite pup you'll ever meet. She keeps her white socks spotless. Her ears turn into mouse ears and rather than a wagging tail, her whole back half wags when David and I walk in. She knows how to play tag and how to take up 3/4 of the bed.

I pity people who don't know these three. They brighten my days and purr through my nights. In case you were wondering, yes, I aspire to being a crazy cat lady someday. (but i'll leave the feral cat collecting to my gigantic friend Matt Slaby.)

2 comments:

ariel zambelich said...

oh joy! someone else will be a crazy cat lady too. at least i won't be the only one. :)

Kendrick Brinson said...

we can start a cat commune when we're 60.
i'll tease your hair if you don't look crazy enough.